***Recreation Department Updates Due to COVID-19***
UPDATE: 5/18/20: On May 18, 2020, Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMDC) announced the Forward Dane Plan, a plan for the phased reopening of Dane County during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the current Emergency Order #2, tennis courts may begin opening May 19 with restrictions and adjustments. We have contacted the Mount Horeb School District regarding the tennis nets and when they will be up. We are hoping this will be completed in the next few days and, as always, we appreciate your patience.
PLAY IT SAFE!
Help keep tennis courts safe and open during COVID-19 by practicing the following:
- Only two individuals per court at a time.
- Play is limited to every other court.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between people outside of your household at all times.
- Do not touch or share equipment or game balls.
- Do not leave trash behind!
- Consider wearing a face-covering.
- Use hand sanitizer and avoid touching common touch-points such as gate, nets, etc.
- No organized group tennis: including lessons, team practices, or matches with those outside of your household.
For more information visit: Public Health Madison & Dane County
• ACTIVITY GUIDE UPDATE 5/18/20: WE WILL BE LOOKING TO OPEN UP SOME SUMMER PROGRAMS TO OUR ONLINE REGISTRATION SITE WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. WE ARE LOOKING TO RUN PROGRAMS STARTING LATE JUNE/EARLY JULY UNLESS ANOTHER STAY AT HOME ORDER IS ISSUED. WE WILL BE UPDATING THIS AS WE KNOW MORE SPECIFICS.
• AQUATIC CENTER UPDATE 5/18/20: WE ARE STILL NOT CERTAIN ON WHEN (OR IF) WE WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN THE AQUATIC CENTER THIS SUMMER. WE ARE GATHERING AS MUCH INFORMATION FROM PHMDC THAT IS AVAILABLE, BUT ARE STILL NOT ABLE TO MAKE A DECISION AT THIS TIME. WE WILL BE PUTTING OUT UPDATES AS WE LEARN MORE
• ALL (NON-VIRTUAL) RECREATION PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR THE MONTH OF MAY.
• A FEW REMINDERS: PARKS AND TRAILS ARE OPEN, HOWEVER, THE FOLLOWING ARE CLOSED AT THIS TIME: PARK PLAYGROUNDS, PARK BASKETBALL COURTS, TENNIS COURTS, SUNRISE SKATE PARK, AND SUNRISE OUTDOOR FITNESS AREA.
AS ALWAYS, WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING AS WE WORK THROUGH THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES.
Attention: All youth sports parents and/or legal guardians are required to read and understand the concussion and head injury policy prior to your child’s participation. To view the policy and get more information, click here: Concussion & Head Injury Policy & Heads Up-Concussion
To return to the Village of Mount Horeb Homepage, click Here