Click HERE for a shelter reservation form
POLICIES FOR RESERVATIONS:
Shelter reservations for the 2017 year will begin on Tuesday, January 3, 2017
To reserve a shelter or ball field:
1. Check availability of your desired shelter by viewing the calendar at the bottom of this page, call (608)437-3400 or stop in at the Recreation Department.
2. Once availability is determined, you must fill out a reservation form and make payment at the Recreation Department (222 East Front Street). Level 1 shelter fees are $50.00 (resident) and $70.00 (non-resident). Level 1 shelters include: Boecks shelter, Grundahl Open Picnic shelter, and Waltz shelter. Level 2 shelter fees are $60.00 (resident) and $80.00 (non-resident). Level 2 shelters include: Grundahl Enclosed shelter, Liberty shelter and Sunrise shelter. Ball field fees are $50.00 (single weekday use with prep before first game only) and $75.00 (single weekend use with prep before first game only). Soccer field fees are $25.00 (single weekday use) and $40.00 (single weekend use).
3. If your shelter requires a key, we will let you know when you can pick it up. Keys must be returned to the Recreation Department within one week after your rental.
4. A confirmation of your reservation will be given to you. Please bring this confirmation notice with you the day of your function.
5. Refunds will not be provided if you cancel your reservation less than two weeks prior to your reservation date. If your event is cancelled due to poor weather, and a rain date cannot be agreed upon, you will receive a full refund.
Shelters that may be reserved:
Level 1 Shelters:
Boecks Park (204 Park Street): This shelter is located right next to the Mt. Horeb Family Aquatic Center and has a shelter, playground equipment, picnic tables and restrooms.
Grundahl Open Picnic Shelter(401 Blue Mounds Street): Amenities include playground equipment, basketball court, open play areas, grill and picnic tables. A water fountain is located by the scorekeepers building and the restrooms are located by the enclosed shelter.
Waltz Park (401 Brian Street): Amentities at this park include a softball field/soccer field, playground equipment, basketball court, shelter, picnic tables, water fountain, sand volleyball court, access to Military Ridge Trail and restrooms.
Level 2 Shelters:
Grundahl Enclosed Shelter (401 Blue Mounds Street): Amenities include playground equipment, basketball court, open play areas, kitchen area (including a refridgerator), restrooms and picnic tables. A water fountain is located by the scorekeepers building.
Liberty Park (1201 Cox Drive): Amenities at this park include a shelter with kitchenette, soccer/football field, playground equipment, picnic tables, water fountain and restrooms.
Sunrise Park (201 Telemark Parkway): Amenities at this park include a shelter with kitchenette, soccer field, skatepark, baseball diamond, playground equipment, picnic tables and restrooms.
The calendar below shows current Shelter and Ball Field Availability ONLY. You must still follow the steps listed above to make a reservation.
How to use the calendar: The default calendar shows all facilities at once. You may click on the down arrow at the top right of the calendar to choose which shelter you would like to view (to make it easier to look at). If you want to look at a certain calendar, the box to the left of the name should be checked. All calendars that have the check mark to the left will show. Click on the box to remove the check mark. If the day you are looking at says “busy,” this means there is already a reservation at this particular facility or field. You can click on that reservation to view only the times that facility or field is reserved as it may still work with your schedule.
*Please note: This calendar is updated based on first-come, first-serve reservations and is subject to change.
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (608) 437-3400 ext 1