The State of Wisconsin requires all persons who vend, sell, deal, or traffic intoxicating liquors or fermented malt beverages to be licensed with their local government. As a result, anyone who vends, sells, deals, or traffics any alcoholic beverages within the Village, in any amount, is required to first obtain a license from the Village of Mount Horeb. Applications must be received at least 15 days before the monthly Village Board meeting (first Wednesday of each month). There must be a licensed operator (bartender) on the licensed premises at all times.
- Original Alcohol Beverage License Application
- License Fees: Class A Retailer’s Beer $25, Class B Retailer’s Beer $100, Retail Class A Liquor $250, Retail Class B Liquor $500, Wholesaler’s $25
- Agent Form
- Auxiliary Questionnaire
- Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application
- Temporary Wine and Beer (Picnic) License: Fee $10
- Informational Pamphlet
- Operator (Bartender) License: Fee $15 annual or $20 for two years.
- Temporary Operator (Bartender) License: Fee $10
- Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage Laws Publication
Other Permits and License Applications
- Cigarette License Application: Fee $25
- Direct Sellers Permit: Fee $20
- Public Amusements and Shows Application: Fee $20
- Street Use Permit: Fee $20
- Taxicab Business License: Fee $35 per taxicab
- Taxicab Operator License: Fee $20
- Dog and Cat Licenses
All dogs and cats in the village that are at least five months old must be licensed no later than April 1 each year. A late fee of $5.00 will be included with the license fee after April 1. License application forms are available at the village office, 138 E Main Street. Rabies vaccination information is required. Fee: $11 for spayed or neutered, $16 for others.