This page is under construction - scroll down for New Residential & Commercial
Please review the information included for each application and form especially the Residential - New Construction. Fill out the forms in a clear, legible manner. Supply current contact information and certification numbers for all contractors.
Residential - General Construction
Required for all local building projects including building additions, remodeling, garages, decks, swimming pools, and home improvements (roofing, siding, etc.).
Email the Building Inspector mhbuildinginspectorwi.info or mail the application to:
Mount Horeb Building Department
138 E Main Street
Mount Horeb, WI 53572
- Chart 1 Mount Horeb Lot, Yard, and Building Requirements (PDF)
- Old Village Area Map (PDF)
- Accessory Building (PDF) (sheds, detached garages) *
- Basement (PDF) (finishing and remodeling)
- Deck (PDF) (covered or screened decks or porches see room additions) *
- Deck Requirements SPS Chapter (PDF)
- Fences, Walls, Hedges (PDF) *
- Room Additions (PDF) (includes screened/covered porches or covered decks)
- Pools, Hot Tubs, Spas and Ponds (PDF)
- Second Water Meter (PDF)
Residential - New Construction
Required for all new one and two-family homes under the Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC). Please see the following forms. For Driveway Approval or Street Opening application please see Public Services or contact Jeff Gorman at 608-437-3351.
Commercial - New Construction & General
New construction or additions to commercial, industrial and certain multifamily residential buildings must be reviewed by the Village of Mount Horeb Zoning Department for approval and any necessary requirements. This also includes any change of occupancy or use of existing commercial and industrial buildings. Certain projects require design review - see page 2 of the design application.
The following are brochures, schedules, and links that may be helpful with your project.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Locating Your Property Pins (PDF)
- Setbacks Standard and Corner Lot Diagram (PDF) showing basic lot line boundaries and setbacks for properties under the Mount Horeb Zoning code.
- Mold information (PDF)
- Tenant Right's (PDF)
- Renter Complaint Form (PDF)
- Mount Horeb Municipal Code Chapter 14 - Building Code
- Mount Horeb Municipal Code Chapter 15 - Plumbing Code
- Mount Horeb Municipal Code Chapter 16 - Electrical Code
- Mount Horeb Municipal Code Chapter 17 - Zoning