Building Department

This page is under construction - scroll down for New Residential & Commercial

Please review the information included for each application and form especially the Residential - New Construction. Fill out the forms in a clear, legible manner. Supply current contact information and certification numbers for all contractors.

Residential - General Construction

Required for all local building projects including building additions, remodeling, garages, decks, swimming pools, and home improvements (roofing, siding, etc.).

Email the Building Inspector or mail the application to:
Mount Horeb Building Department
138 E Main Street
Mount Horeb, WI 53572



* Corner Lot Amendments Ordinance 2019-03 (PDF)

Residential - New Construction

Required for all new one and two-family homes under the Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC). Please see the following forms. For Driveway Approval or Street Opening application please see Public Services or contact Jeff Gorman at 608-437-3351.

Commercial - New Construction & General

New construction or additions to commercial, industrial and certain multifamily residential buildings must be reviewed by the Village of Mount Horeb Zoning Department for approval and any necessary requirements. This also includes any change of occupancy or use of existing commercial and industrial buildings. Certain projects require design review - see page 2 of the design application.