Shelter/Community Center Rentals
Rental Information and Policies
Shelter and Community Center reservations for 2023 will be accepted starting January 3, 2023.
- To rent a park shelter:
Begin at the Spotz homepage and click on Login/Sign Up in the upper right hand corner of the page. After you create an account, an email will be sent to you. You will need to confirm your account by clicking on the email and then "confirm email".
- View Mount Horeb Spotz page. You can then scroll down to choose a park and pick a date on the calendar to rent, or use the "find time widget" to pick a date and space type.
- Input your event details, expected attendance, and any other information pertaining to your reservation. You will need to enter a payment method and credit card details (please note there is a $2.00 Spotz service fee as well as a 3.5% transaction fee for online reservations). For reservations with cash or check payment, you will need to visit the Mt. Horeb Recreation Department in person.
- Once your reservation request has been sent, the Mt. Horeb Recreation Department will send an email to you approving or denying the rental.
- Refunds will not be provided if you cancel your reservation less than two weeks prior to your reservation date. If your event is canceled due to poor weather, and a rain date cannot be agreed upon, you will receive a full refund (minus any Spotz service fees and transaction fees).
- View Shelter Application (PDF) for a shelter reservation form if you would like to reserve a shelter in person at the Recreation Department (105 North Grove Street). Office hours are Monday through Thursday 7:15 am-4:30 pm and Friday 7 am-noon. Office hours are subject to change.
Shelters that may be reserved:
Level 1 Shelters
- $60 Resident
- $80 Non-Resident
Boecks Park Shelter
This shelter is located right next to the Mt. Horeb Family Aquatic Center and has a shelter, playground equipment, picnic tables, and restrooms. 204 Park Street.
Grundahl Open Picnic Shelter
Amenities include playground equipment, a basketball court, open play areas, and picnic tables. A water fountain is located by the scorekeeper's building and the restrooms are located by the enclosed shelter. 401 Blue Mounds Street.
Waltz Park Shelter
Amenities at this park include a softball field/soccer field, playground equipment, basketball court, shelter, picnic tables, water fountain, sand volleyball court, access to Military Ridge Trail, and restrooms. 401 Brian Street.
Level 2 Shelters
- $70 Resident
- $90 Non-Resident
Grundahl Enclosed Shelter
Amenities include playground equipment, a basketball court, open play areas, a kitchen area (including a refrigerator), restrooms, and picnic tables. A water fountain is located by the scorekeeper's building. 401 Blue Mounds Street.
Liberty Park Shelter
Amenities at this park include a shelter with a kitchenette, soccer/football field, playground equipment, picnic tables, a water fountain, and restrooms.1201 Cox Drive.
Sunrise Park Shelter
Amenities at this park include a shelter with a kitchenette, soccer field, skate park, baseball diamond, playground equipment, picnic tables, and restrooms. 201 Telemark Parkway.
Community Center Rentals
Interested in renting the upper or lower level of the community center? Please see steps below.
- Contact the Recreation Department to check availability at 608-437-3400.
- For private rentals, Click HERE for a rental form. Fill out the form completely and return it with payment to the Recreation Department located at 105 North Grove Street.
- For non-profit group rentals, click HERE for your rental form. Fill out the form completely and return it (with payment if applicable) to the Recreation Department.
- Office hours are Monday through Thursday 7:15 am to 4:30 pm and Friday 7 am to noon. Office hours are subject to change.
CLICK HERE for rental Rules and Regulations (coming soon)
• Cost for private Community Center rentals: $150/day
• Cost for weekday Non-Profit Community Center rentals: FREE
• Cost for weekend Non-Profit Community Center rentals: $75/day (unless it is a meeting lasting no longer than 1.5 hours)