- Municipal Court
- Failure to Pay Forfeiture
Failure to Pay Forfeiture
Failure to pay your forfeiture or failure to comply with the Court's order shall and will result in the following:
- Suspension of your driver's license for a maximum of one year or until the forfeiture is paid. (Department of Transportation reinstatement Fee $65)
- Certify Your Debt with the Wisconsin Tax Refund Intercept Program (Trip)
TRIP is allowed under Wis. Stats. 71.93 and 71.935. These statutes authorize the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) to intercept taxpayer refunds, other refundable credits, and lottery prizes for certain state agency and local government debts. State agencies and local governments can participate in TRIP. For More Information on the Tax Refund Interception Program (TRIP) web page.
- Certify your debt with State Debt Collection (SDC) - Debt Referred to the Department of Revenue (DOR) for Collection.
Mount Horeb Municipal Court may refer your debt to the Department of Revenue for collection. The reference for the State Debt Collection program is located within the section. 71.93, Wis. Stats., which defines refund setoffs for other state agencies. Expansion of this section allows state agencies, the legislature, courts authorities, and local governments to utilize collection tools beyond refund offsets. Included among DOR collection tools is the ability to enter into electronic repayment agreements, attach a debtor's wages or levy a debtor's bank account to secure repayment. For More information on the State Debt Collection
If your debt has been certified with State Debt Collection, you must contact the dor directly to make payments, contact 608-264-0345 OR email the Department of Revenue Debt Collection Referred Debt
- Issue a warrant for your arrest