The Mount Horeb Family Aquatic Center features a 35 meter pool, zero depth baby pool, and grass decks for your swimming enjoyment.
2020 Pool Season: June 22 – August 28*
*pending staff availability
After receiving further information and talking with representatives from Public Health Madison & Dane County, the Aquatic Center will reopen on Monday, July 6th, 2020. Staff will be doing a thorough cleaning following the CDC guidelines before we reopen. Thank you for your continued support of the Mount Horeb Family Aquatic Center.
Aquatic Center Open Swim Schedule through July 12th
Open Swim, June 29 – July 12, 90 swimmers per time block (registration opens 6/25)
*Due to the limited capacity available, it is important to sign up in advance to come to the pool. You will need to sign up for each day/time block that you want to visit the pool. Walk-ins will be accepted if we do not reach capacity or if those who have already signed up do not show up within 20 minutes of their time block. We typically do have openings for our walk-up customers. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Aquatic Center Time Blocks
12:00-2:00pm (if you are signed up and do not arrive by 12:20pm, your spot could be taken by a walk-in)
2:15-4:15pm (if you are signed up and do not arrive by 2:35pm, your spot could be taken by a walk-in)
4:30-6:30pm (if you are signed up and do not arrive by 4:50pm, your spot could be taken by a walk-in)
>We must clear the pool of all swimmers in the case of lightning and/or thunder; we will reopen if possible. NO refunds will be given for unforeseen closures including, but not limited to, weather or water contamination.
Daily Admission Information
Residents: $3.00/person, per session
Non-Residents: $5.00/person, per session
NEW – 2020 PUNCH PASS (12 visits)
>Pay by cash or check at the pool; please bring exact change.
>There will be no pool passes sold this year, however, we will be selling punch passes (see above).
How to sign up for a time block
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to sign-up for an open swim time online.
Online registration website: https://apm.activecommunities.com/mhrd
If you have a nanny or other caregiver who is coming to the pool, please add that nanny/caregiver to your household in ActiveNet OR have the nanny/caregiver create their own individual account and then simultaneously register everyone who will attend at the same time. We would prefer you NOT make a new household with the nanny and the children, as this will cause confusion in future program registrations.
Watch the video below for some important information regarding your visit to the pool this summer.
Aquatic Center Policies (newly updated)
- Exact cash or check is preferred.
- Parents and guardians must watch their children.
- Always walk, do not run.
- Masks are recommended to be worn by all persons when out of the pool water.
- Persons who are not toilet trained or under the age of 3 must wear swim diapers in the pool.
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Our concession stand will not be open. Carry-ins are welcomed, but please no glass or alcohol. Containers must be sealed.
- Do not bring food, drink or gum into the water.
- The slide and sand play area will be closed this summer.
- Flotation devices of any kind are not allowed in the pool.
- Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied by an adult or teenage babysitter.
- Group/family size limited to 10, which would not allow for day camps or day cares.
- Arrive as close as possible to when your time block begins.
- Two restrooms will be open to use, but not to store belongings.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet both in and out of the water.
- There will be no pool furniture. Participants may bring their own, but should acknowledge it will be their responsibility to keep track of it.
- Enter through the front doors only.
- Exit through the side fence only. You will not be allowed to reenter once you have left.
Pool brochure: These will be available at the Recreation Department and at the Aquatic Center. Information on brochure includes: Aquatic Center Rules, COVID-19 Information, Pool Updates, Splash Bash and Pool Management Information.
Important Information on Healthy Swimming – Protect our Water!
- Do not use the pool if you have or have had diarrhea in the past two weeks or are feeling ill (this will help to make sure germs don’t end up in the water).
- Don’t pee or poo in the water (take frequent bathroom breaks while swimming and make sure to wash your hands with soap and water).
- Don’t swallow the water (keep the water out of your mouth and nose while swimming).
- Abide by all posted pool safety rules.